IRAHC understands that beneficiaries who rely on the Military Health System may be concerned about how the federal government shutdown will impact their healthcare. We want you to know that we remain dedicated in providing our patients with high quality and safe healthcare while operating in a furlough status, and that short term impact should be minimal.
Below are the hours under which we will operate until government appropriations have been approved:
• The only appointments available during the shutdown are for
Acute Care Clinic concerns. The ACC will offer them Monday through
Saturday from 8 am to 6 pm. ALL TRICARE BENEFICIARIES may use the ACC
during this time. (active duty, active duty families, retirees and
retiree family members.) To schedule an appointment, you must call the
appointment line at 1-800-493-9602/502-799-5901.
But please know that Emergency Medical Services (Ambulance) will continue to provide coverage to the installation without interruption. They may be reached at 911.
• Patients who currently have a primary or specialty care appointment Monday, Jan. 22, from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. will be seen as scheduled. If your appointment is after 11:30 a.m., you will be contacted by the respective clinic regarding your appointment. Those clinics include Radiology, Laboratory, Occupational Health tests, Pediatrics, Physical Therapy, Optometry, Dermatology, Allergy/Immunology, Early Developmental Intervention Services (EDIS), Traumatic Brain Injury Services, and Women's Health Services.
• If you have an issue that requires immediate medical attention, but it isn’t an emergency, call the ACC for an appointment, at 1-800-493-9602/502-799-5901.
REMEMBER: You may always visit an urgent care center without a
referral. However, active duty personnel still have to have a referral.
• Pharmacies: Tomorrow patients can pick up their phone-in refill at their designated pharmacy. However, effective, Tuesday, Jan. 23, all phone-in refills should be picked up at Binter Pharmacy until further notice. Hours of operation will be Monday through Saturday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
• Behavioral Health staff will be available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m., to 4 p.m., located at Building 1480, 12th Armor Division Avenue, to address emergency needs only.
• Intensive Outpatient Therapy Groups will continue as scheduled.
• Support services for victims of sexual assault will continue without
interruption. Please contact the Ireland Sexual Assault Response
Coordinator at 502-457-6291 or the Fort Knox Safe Helpline at
502-851-3779 if you have been a victim of sexual assault and need help.
Once government appropriations have been approved and the furlough period is over, the clinic will resume normal operations two business days following the approval.
Please monitor the Fort Knox website at www.knox.army.mil for updates. You may also visit the IRAHC website at
We appreciate your understanding and patience while we navigate these fiscal uncertainties and the frustrations it may cause. Our patients can be confident that our quality and standard of care will not be compromised or diminished as we work through necessary adjustments resulting from the government shutdown and corresponding furlough.
During this time if you have a medical question please contact the Nurse Advise Line at 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273); Option 1
If you have an emergency—loss of life, limb or eyesight—please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.